Powertech is offering NERC compliance support for monitoring of security patch/firmware releases for all Transmission Station Cyber Assets under CIP V5.
NERC CIP V5
NERC (North American Electric Reliability Corporation) seeks to protect the North American bulk power system from cyber security compromises that can potentially lead to mis-operation or instability. On November 22, 2013, the Federal Energy Regulatory Commission approved Version 5 of the CIP (Critical Infrastructure Protection) cyber security standards. CIP V5, which represents significant progress in the mitigation of cyber risks to the bulk power system, will require utilities and power system operators to monitor security patch/firmware releases for all Transmission Station Cyber Assets under CIP V5 on a monthly basis.
Our services include:
- Monthly monitoring of patch/firmware releases for all Transmission Station Cyber Assets under CIP V5
- Tracking, documentation, and storage of evidence in accordance with regulatory requirements
- Reporting findings in accordance with regulatory requirements
- Creating mitigation plans in accordance with regulatory requirements
- Validation and confirmation for audit readiness
- Ongoing monitoring of NERC V5 compliance and addressing gaps in process or equipment
Advantages of Powertech
- Intimate knowledge of utility processes, standards, procedures, and expectations
- Extensive experience with utility SCADA and protection systems, security functions, and standards
- Leading expertise in T&D equipment, deployment, pre-commissioning, and commissioning
Powertech’s Grid Modernization Sector offers independent commercial testing, validation, engineering services, and consulting expertise to support utilities in grid modernization. The sector serves utilities, vendors, and OEMs in design, product development, technology evaluation, interoperability testing, and pre-deployment validation.
FOR MORE INFORMATION CONTACT: